Dayton, Ohio – On Monday, June 15, three City of Dayton recreation centers (Greater Dayton, Northwest and Lohrey) and the Jim Nichols Tennis Complex will open to the community.
The recreation centers will operate fitness rooms and offer group exercise classes. Other programs remain postponed until further notice. The maximum number of visitors that can enter each facility and participate in activities is greatly reduced, according to CDC COVID-19 guidelines.
In the interest of the health and safety of patrons and staff members, facilities will be operated as follows:
- In order to use fitness rooms, group exercise classes, or the walking track at Greater Dayton, patrons must pre-register for 45-minute slots, to ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines. Registration is available by calling or visiting a patron’s facility of choice.
- Patrons entering facilities must wear a mask and sanitize their hands. Patrons must also have a temperature screening and answer three health-related questions upon entering.
- Shower and locker use will not be allowed, so patrons will need to arrive dressed ready for their activity.
- Restrooms will only be available for their intended purpose and not for changing clothing.
- When activities are complete, patrons must leave the facility immediately through the assigned exit door.
Dayton Recreation and Youth Services Director Robin Williams thanked recreation patrons for their cooperation in reopening recreation facilities.
“You are partners in this with us, and with your full cooperation we will be able to continue to operate and expand these programs and activities.”
Patrons may call 937-333-8400 for or additional information.
Contact information and modified hours of operation:
Recreation Centers: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. (8 a.m,-10 a.m., seniors ages 65 and up only)
Greater Dayton Recreation Center ,2021 W. Third St., Dayton 45417 937-333-4732
Northwest Recreation Center, 1600 Princeton Dr., Dayton 45406, 937-333-3322
Lohrey Recreation Center, 2366 Glenarm Ave., Dayton 45420, 937-333-3131
Jim Nichols Tennis Complex, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. and 4 p.m.-9 p.m. (2-4 p.m. reserved for court maintenance), 2424 Ridge Ave, Dayton 45414, 937-333-3085