A mother was shocked and outraged after her son sent her a photo of the sandwich he was given at school because he forgot his lunch money. Amy shared a post on social media explaining that her son had forgotten his lunch money at school one day.
She says that when he told school staff that he didn’t have his lunch money, he was given a peanut butter sandwich, which he soon discovered was covered in mold.
She shared a photo of the moldy sandwich with her post. Amy says her son found mold on both the outside and inside of his sandwich. When he informed staff members, he was given a replacement sandwich, but was too afraid to eat it. “I have no idea how someone could not see this was bad when handing it out,” Amy wrote in her post on social media.
Amy’ son told his mother that the same thing happened to a friend of his two weeks prior to his incident. The school released a statement in response to the incident after Amy’ post spread on social media.
“We are grateful to be made aware of the situation and have reached out to the parents and apologized,” the school’s statement read. “This is an unacceptable human error and we are looking into it to ensure that this never happens again.”