5-year-old girl woke up completely paralyzed and unable to speak; doctors look at her scalp and determine the reason in seconds

Even though the winter began over a month ago, we came across this story, and we must warn you in advance about the dangers that summer brings.

Although summer means a lot of sun, warm weather, longer days, vacation, fun, and many outdoor activities, many people are unaware of the danger of tick bites.

“It will not happen to me,” many say to themselves.

But a tiny tick can completely change your life, and to complicate matters further, the symptoms are not always clear.

That’s exactly what happened to a mother named Jessica, who became aware of this when she discovered one morning that her little daughter was completely paralyzed and noticed that her speech was slurred.

Jessica now warns all mothers and fathers to check their children well for tick bites.

The warning comes after a terrifying incident in her family.

Jessica recalls the frightening moment when her daughter Kaylin woke up one morning and could not walk. She even had a hard time talking.

Jessica immediately took her 5-year-old daughter to the hospital, where doctors performed blood tests and a CT scan of her head.

Kaylin was eventually diagnosed with “tick paralysis,” her mother said.

Tick paralysis can affect dogs as well as humans.

When a tick stings its victim, it injects saliva, which causes a negative reaction in the immune system. This in turn causes temporary paralysis or, in extreme cases, even death.

The risk is greater when the tick stings the scalp.

Kaylin was hospitalized and remained under observation. Naturally, her parents worried, as they never did.

“We have been hospitalized for observation, and we hope she will recover soon! Prayers for our baby! Fear is to say the least!”, the mother wrote.

Fortunately, Kaylin’s condition improved, and she slowly began to recover.

Mother Jessica recently posted updates about the case, including a picture of the tick removed from Kaylin’s head.

“For God’s sake, check your children for ticks! This is more common in children than adults!”, the mother wrote.

The reactions to the mother’s warning were many.

Many parents shared their stories about how they too found ticks on their children—some even shared horror stories in which their children almost died as a result of tick paralysis.

Jessica said she had no idea her posts would go viral, but she was also pleased that she was able to raise awareness about tick bites and tick paralysis.

“It’s definitely something, and we’ve experienced it up close! Check your kids regularly, in every part of their body!”

It could have ended very badly for Kaylin, but thanks to her parents’ quick response, she survived.

“She is home today, and everything is back to normal,”  Jessica said.

But not all children can have Jessica’s luck, so it is critical to continue spreading information about tick bites and what we can do to prevent them.

We are republishing this story to warn about the dangers that summer brings. Please share the article so that no one has to suffer or go through tragedy this summer.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button