Dayton, Ohio – Two men are injured after an early morning fire in Dayton.
Firefighters were called to 5163 Scotsman Drive 12:45 a.m. Tuesday.
They say when they got to the trailer there was smoke coming from the home.
District Fire Chief David Wright says they helped a man out of the home.
Wright says a roommate was trying to help the man out but was unable.
He says had the fire “gone a few more minutes we might have had a fatality.”
Both the man and the roommate suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation.
They were both taken to Miami Valley Hospital.
Wright says the fire starting in the bedroom when one of the residents was trying to light a cigarette.
The fire was contained to that bedroom.