Dayton, Ohio – A man from Dayton has been indicted on numerous counts of rape in connection with the rape of a two-year-old child.
According to a press statement from Montgomery County Prosecutor Mat Heck Jr., the victim’s mother transported her to Dayton Children’s Hospital after she noticed a lot of blood when changing her diaper on her. According to the announcement, a checkup revealed that the child had suffered extensive internal vaginal injuries that required surgery.
According to the report, the victim’s mother had dropped her off with a babysitter on the 24th. The babysitter left the youngster in the care of 21-year-old Demonte Lavon Heard because she had to run some private errands.
A total of seven charges against Heard have been brought against him:
- 1 count of rape of a child under 10 years of age
- 1 count of rape of a child under 13 by force
- 1 count of rape of a child under 13, serious physical harm
- 1 count of felonious assault, seriously physical harm
- 1 count of child endangering, serious physical harm
Heard is scheduled to be arraigned on February 8.