Dayton, Ohio – Prosecutor Mat Heck, Jr. announced a Dayton man was indicted on counts related to sexually assaulting a child for seven years. Daniel Lee Howard Mennecke, 29, of Dayton was indicted by a Montgomery County Grand Jury on Tuesday with:
- Two counts of Rape of a child under 10 years of age
- Five counts of Rape of a child under 13 years of age
- One count of Pandering Obscenity involving a Minor
- Three counts of Gross Sexual Imposition of a child under 13 years of age
The prosecutor’s office said the 13 year old victim told her family in December of 2019 she had been abused by Mennecke since 2012. Heck’s office also reported that the defendant had taken sexually explicit photos of the victim. Mennecke was said to have been known by the family of the victim.
Heck said an arrest warrant has been issued for Mennecke. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.